I originally posted this article on LinkedIn. To read other articles like this, check out my LinkedIn Author Page.
I’ve watched a few webinars and read some articles lately that have suggested against hiring a social media professional to run your company social media profiles. For the most part, the reasoning behind that is to keep your profile personalized and authentic. While I understand that, these are some reasons you SHOULD hire a professional.
- Social media professionals will learn your company “voice” and create messaging to match that.
- Social media professionals have to stay on top of all the changes that are constantly happening. While you are working on your business, we know how the algorithms are changing, what new tools are available, and how these changes may affect your strategy.
- Which brings me to my next point. Rather than posting randomly, social media professionals will create a strategy to maximize your efforts.
- Social media professionals have tactics to increase your potential reach, without necessarily having to pay hundreds of dollars per month on ads.
- Social media professionals are able to create a fine balance between promotional, personal, informational, and entertaining posts.
One thing I encourage my clients to do is to be involved in the process. I’ve found that, while I can do all the research and create all the content, the most effective campaigns have always been the ones where the client shares company happenings with me so I can create more personalized content. They do their part to engage with their own business pages. My suggestion to business owners is this, hire a professional and stay involved.